Monday, October 26, 2009

"...scar tissue that I wish you saw, sarcastic mister know it all..."

Back in April, one of my dearest friends asked me if she could guest blog here at Peace Turkey. Fashionista0921 has a fashion blog and wanted a safe, relationshippy place like Peace Turkey to talk about a relationship problem. You can find her original post here.


A comment on that post that I received early this morning prompted me to get Fashionista0921 to write a follow up.


I can tell you that Fashionista0921 is one of the strongest women I know. And I can tell you that she and her person are no longer together.


Here she is, dear readers.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With a recent comment by Excalibur on my last guest post, I decided to write a follow up post.


It’s been almost 10 months since my first serious break-up. That break-up was with a person I thought was “the one.” I’m happy to report I feel about 90% fantastic, with the other 10% still uncertain. I leave this 10% out of the other fantasticness because love is something I cherish and want so much. I don’t think I will be 100% better until I find it and I’m ready, excited, terrified and nervous to find it again.


The journey I went through was the hardest thing I ever had to go through to date, but it was also one of my greatest accomplishments. Going through the pain and heartache only made me a stronger person. I can accomplish anything now and I know I can go though any amount of pain and not lose myself. I came out the other side of this breakup a better person. It made me realize life’s priorities, my wants and needs, and my overall awesomeness.


I will note that I don’t hate the person who did this to me. I never will. Yes, he did the worst thing anyone could do to me- he left and broke my heart, but I don’t hate him. I can sit here and type to you how much he deserves to never speak to me again and never be a part of my life, but I’m not sure how much I believe that. Right now, the anger is still inside of me.


For anyone going through the similar situation, I give you a virtual hug and a promise that it will be okay. It will be. Of course it sucks and of course you cant see the light at the end, but its there and when you reach the end, you will see the amazingness that your world will be filled with.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful. I also love the Peace Turkey is the kind of place where posts like this can happen.

Excaliber1 said...

Thank you so much for this follow up. I really appreciate the time and effort =). I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and this experience has had a positive effect on your life.

May you find love and all of it's craziness again someday =)

-Ex

Rock n Rocky said...

Face scars are really a nightmare. I had have a scar on my face, and I was so worried. But, I applied some good products from : http://howtoremovescar.org/and that worked for me. Thank GOD I don't have them now. :)