Friday, October 30, 2009

"...I will carry you, I will carry you..."

My sister and her partner broke up this week.

My sister will be ok.

She asked herself the question my mom always told us to ask ourselves when someone was making our life sad or difficult, "Does this person make my life better?"

In the end, it turns out, this person did not make my sister's life better. This person made Sara's complicated and angsty and difficult.

Last night, instead of going to Jason's house after work, I went home to be with Sara. And Jason came over for dinner.

And on the way to our house, he must have stopped at the supermarket because he came through the door with a bag that held what every girl needs when she goes through a breakup (whether she is the breaker or the breakee.)

It was a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

"I brought you something... you'll need this," Jason said as he handed her the bag.

Sara smiled and I, as I often do, thanked my lucky stars that this man is in my life.


2 comments:

Susan said...

That Jason has his head screwed on right.

Excaliber1 said...

I enjoyed this post very much. I send my condolences to your sister. I hope she is doing alright =)

-Ex