Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"...honey you know where the world is at, come home with me when the party ends..."

Last weekend, my parents had their annual bonfire at their house.

Dinner ala Mama PT, s'mores, beer and wine, pun'kin carving and good down home country charm.


The pun'kin carving is a serious thing in the Peace Turkey family.

There's no triangle eyes and crooked
mouth jack-o-lanterns allowed unless you're under the age of 5.

Behold:

It's serious, people.

This was Jason's first PT family bonfire. So the pressure was on to perform well during the pun'kin carving portion of the evening.

This is what he came up with:

See, I'm a cat person. And, being a little girl once upon a time, I loved and still love all things Hello Kitty. (Yes, I am that girl.)



Jason (hunched over his pun'kin to hide the design) : My pumpkin is for you.

PT (somewhat dismissively): Aw, that's cute.

Jason: Wait til you see what it is.

PT: Neat.


::Jason shows me his carving masterpiece and I get the sniffles.::



All together now: "Awwwwwwwwwwwww."



It's the small things, you know?

1 comment:

Susan said...

Awwwww!

And I'd like to come to your parents' bonfire next year, please.