Sunday, September 13, 2009

"...Put a little love in your heart..."

One of my favorite things about Pittsburgh is all of the independent, locally owned businesses.

Why go to Starbucks when you can go to Crazy Mocha?

Why go to Giant Eagle when you can go to the East End Food Co-Op?

And why, why go to a big box clothing store when you can go to Sugar?

Katie and her Sugar Boutique have been nominated for NBC/American Express "Shine a Light" competition.

When I met Katie, the owner of Sugar about a year ago, I fell in love with her store and the independent designer clothing she carries. Each time I stop in to visit her we sit, have a chat and catch up on life and then browse through new pieces in her collections. It's not just about the dress or the scarf I buy - it's about supporting her and her local business.

Please support an amazing woman and an amazing independent business by endorsing Sugar. The winner of the "Shine a Light" competition receives generous funding for their business for marketing and growing her business.

1 comment:

Susan said...

That's awesome! I love the independently owned spots.