Friday, July 3, 2009

"...I read the news today, oh boy..."

It's been almost a month since I've even looked at my blog.

Auntie Susan was starting to wonder if I had run off and joined the circus while I was in Hilton Head. Oh, how grand that would be!

I figure rather than just doing a random rant post, I should write an update post of random things that have happened while I was ignoring my blog.

I feel listy today rather than narrative-y. So here we go.

1. Vacation was wonderful.

2. I'm still getting over a sinus infection I got while on vacation. *cough, sneeze, wheeze*

3. Two weeks ago, Jason and I had to get a feral cat put to sleep. This kitty made Jason's shed its home and while we tried to feed it and get it medical care, it was best to have kitty put to sleep according to the Animal Rescue League because it had feline AIDS. I was a basketcase when we had to hand the kitty over to the vet and I still tear up when I think about kitty. :-(

4. Jason is making delightful progress on his house.

5. On a recent trip to Ikea, Jason told me he wanted to make the spare room in his house into a dressing room for me. When I'm ready, he's going to turn the whole room into a closet for me. This is the best thing I've ever heard. No more worrying about what'll happen to my beloved girlie stuff like my dressing table and bedazzled artwork.

6. I'm failing miserably on my goal of running regularly. I'm running the Great Race in Pgh in September. I hope to god I can train enough to do the 10K.

7. I hate to say it, but I really don't feel devistated that Michael Jackson is gone. Yes, it's sad. Yes, I wonder what'll happen to his children. But I was born like 5 yrs too late to really identify with MJ's contributions to the music industry. I was like 4 when Thriller came out.

It's kinda sad that after a month, that's really all I have to report.

*shrugs*

Happy 4th of July! Those of you lucky enough to have a long weekend or at least the day off on the 4th, enjoy it and drink beer and light sparklers on my behalf!