Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"...What do you say to taking chances..."

Dear Fashionista0921 and I had a conversation this morning about something I'm on the fence about (something, hopefully soon, I'll be able to tell you all about.)

Fashionista told me, "I would take the chance. If I've learned anything, I've learned I should take more chances. Take the chance."

She's so right. Honestly, taking a chance... diving in.... just DOING something.... it never turns out as horribly as we imagine it might, you know? It's the chance-taking itself that is the scary part. The thing we took the chance on to do generally turns out ok.

And if it doesn't turn out ok, well, fix it. I always tell friends that it's rare that something you do in life cannot be undone if you're unhappy about the outcome.

Took a chance on a relationship and it turned out badly? Get out of it.

Working towards a degree you now hate? Change your career path.

Life is much more forgiving than we think.

So if given the opportunity... I'm gonna take the chance.

Thank you for the perspective, dear Fashionista0921!