Saturday, April 11, 2009

"...wave goodbye wish me well, you've gotta let me go..."

I usually spend a fair amount of my Fridays off goofing around.

Running over to Jason's house seeing his progress.

Napping on the couch.

Going for a half-hearted run in Frick Park.

Regardless of what I do during the day, from late afternoon til the next morning I'm always with Jason. By then we're both finished doing whatever it was we had to do during the day and can goof off together without guilt for the remainder of the day.

Yesterday we didn't get to do this and I honestly felt like half of my heart was missing. I was angsty. I felt all discombobulated. I couldn't sleep. Even having two kitties in bed with me didn't help.

This is just to say that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself when he leaves on Thursday to go to Moab with his buddies for ten days on a dirkbiking trip. I'm glad he's going. It's important that he spends time with his friends. I'm just gonna miss him terribly and worry about his safety the whole freaking time.

In September he went for a five day trip to West Virginia and that was pretty tough.



And at that point we'd only been officially together for three months. At this point, we're creeping up on officially a year together.

I'm trying not to think about it.

::breathes into paper bag::

No comments: