Monday, April 20, 2009

"...if you love something let it go and if it comes back then that's how you know..."

Hello my darling readers. Today, the amazing Fashionista0921, one of my dearest friends, is guest posting at here Peace Turkey. Lovely Fashionista is going through an incredible test of strength right now with her partner. Let's send lots of good vibes to her.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How do you let go?

There’s a song out there that goes... “If you love something let it go and if it comes back then that’s how you know…”

I guess that’s how you know. It takes impeccable strength to let someone you love and care for so much go. Strength I never knew I even had.

This past week, I let him go- the love of my life, my soul mate, my future and my everything. I might sound crazy to you. I’ve only been in love once, with him. At the beginning, I was terrified to be in a relationship with him. Somehow I knew that this was him, the man I searched 23 years to find. I knew it from the first time we met, when he asked me if I needed a calculator to figure out my bill at lunch.

It took several months later for me to fall in love with him. He was leaving for a four-week trip to another country. We were sitting in his car in my driveway and I gave him a hug. At that moment, I knew I never wanted to let him go, ever.

But now, I’ve let go. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. I let him go in hope that this love that what I find so true comes back around.

I don’t know what the future holds for me, for him, or for us, but I do know how I feel. No matter what happens, he will always be my best friend- the man I have always admired for his humor, heart and generous soul. Even though he broke my heart, I can’t help but smile and laugh because he makes me the happiest girl in the world.

2 comments:

Excaliber1 said...

If you still check your comments...May I know as to what happened between them? It's been a few months and all...

-Ex

Peace Turkey said...

Thanks for asking Ex. Look for an update today!