Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"...do you know for you I'd bleed myself dry, for you I'd bleed myself dry..."

You know what sucks?

Adult acne. Seriously. What I wouldn't give for clear, perfect skin again. As if it's not bad enough I'm fighting off rosacea, I have to deal with adult acne too? The rosacea is kept at bay with vigilance and a strict skin care routine. And unless I drink red wine, it's imperceptible to everyone but me.

But these zits? Red and lumpy and itchy. It never fails that when it gets hot and I get that greasy, sweaty summer skin for the first time of the season, my chin breaks out like there are freaking LANDMINES on it.

The irony is of course that if I use acne medicine or some sort of acne cream or cleanser from the drug store, it makes my rosacea turn into a total angerball. But the rosacea stuff is rarely oil-free which becomes a problem when it's hot because my skin gets oilier in the summer heat. So I literally have no way to treat the pimples. Just have to let them take their course.

Sara's skin used to be really oily. As did our mom's. Age 27ish was the time both of them started really drying out and had to start using luxurious, oily-packed, fancy skin creams. And neither of them ever got a zit again. So while I was panicked about turning 26 and being in my late 20's now, I'm really kinda looking forward to being 27 because of the genes.

And let's not even talk about the chin zits that accompany my period every month.

Omg it's so hard to be a girl.

No comments: