Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"...They say it's your birthday..."




Today is Jason's birthday.

He seems to be as nonchalant about birthdays as I am. Which I have to admit is a bit of a relief.

He's completely content to just go out to dinner, have some cake and open a couple of presents. No big bar crawl, no drunken party, no "oooo look at me it's my birthday" action. (Another of the many, many reasons he and I are such a good fit.)

Given yesterday's dramatics, I can't think of a better time to go treat us to a funky dinner at The Church Brew Works to celebrate his 31st birthday. The poor bunny had to get the news about my girly bits last night and has had the forrowed-brow-worried-look ever since.

So. I'm looking forward to the happy distraction tonight. As, I'm sure, is he.


PS - Books really make the best gifts. And I'm not just saying that because I'm the daughter and sister of two librarians. Something I enjoy (maybe a little too much) is going to a bookstore and thinking about what books the people I love would like. But then again, I'm a bookworm. So.

No comments: