Thursday, January 15, 2009

"...then I ask you now, what's a girl to do?..."

[Source]


Yesterday, my Dad and my sister Sara and I went to Klavon's for lunch.

Call me a simpleton, but I love love LOVE this ice cream parlor. They have exactly 3 choices for lunch: Italian hoagie, chicken salad sandwich on a croissant or soup. And of course, they have an amazing ice cream treat menu. Best of all, they make old school sodas. Soda water, coke syrup and a flavor. The vanilla coke is something out of heaven.

Klavon's is right across the street from my dad's office building in the Strip District. Whenever he's in the office and Sar and I can slack off in the middle of the day, we find ways to finagle him into taking us there for lunch.


The news of monday has made me slow down and really feel things. Sitting in the ice cream parlor with my dad and sister for lunch, picking out penny candy after we ate and laughing at nerdy jokes as we walked back to our cars made me so happy.


I'm a sap. I'm sure this is not news to any of you. You should all know this by now.

No comments: