Saturday, January 17, 2009

"...I can mash potato (I can mash potato!)..."

People will tell you that my dedication to reading Dlisted and Perez Hilton everyday is bizarre, at best. I've long since overcome the awkward phase each girl goes through with being a bit too in love with a hot actor. (Ohhh Matt Damon, how I loved thee...) What I like about these gossip blogs is the snark and sarcasm. And the funny YouTube videos Michael K and Perez post from time to time.

The video below is on Perez Hilton:






I'm a sucker for seeing strangers interact with each other instead of trying to avoid each others' gazes. And I'm an even bigger sucker for dancing in public.

This video triggered the memory of a day I haven't thought of in a while...

When I was still in undergrad, the Steelers played their first season at Heinz Field and at the first game my dad and I went to that season, there was a live band playing in the Great Hall where all of the Steelers' memorabilia and Super Bowl trophies are.



My dad, being the Mr. Bojangles that he is was caught up by the magical beat of this local band of old guys playing "Brown Eyed Girl." And while we were standing in line for a Primanti's, he grabbed my hand, twirled me around and we danced to "Brown Eyed Girl" in front of hundreds of strangers.

To this day, it's dancing with my dad at a Steelers' game on a random Sunday in Pittsburgh that is the singular reason that I want a traditional wedding someday so my dad can walk me down an aisle and so we can dance to "Brown Eyed Girl" at my wedding reception.


... all that... triggered by something I saw on a gossip blog.


::PT smiles::

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thank you SO MUCH for posting that video!