Sunday, December 7, 2008

"... so keep your love locked down, love locked down..."

I just got off of the phone with my mother. Apparently there is some drama brewing with the extended family about the holidays.

For a very long time when Sara and I were little, we didn't have big family get-togethers at Christmas. We just spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with ourselves for one reason or another. I always kinda missed big family gatherings.

A few years ago, my parents started having Christmas Day at their house. And the whole family came to our house. Sara and I loved it. And so did Ma and Dad.

Everyone knew and still knows that if they start anything, Dad will end it and we'll go back to "just the four of us" for Christmas again.

After hearing the drama that is afoot already, I have to say I think I may have had my fill of extended-family-togetherness for now.

I want peace. I want quiet. I want to be away from masses of people.

I'm raising my coffee mug and saying a prayer that Christmas is as lovely and peaceful as Thanksgiving was.

Here, here.

No comments: