Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"...I want to change the world, instead I sleep..."

I haven't made a New Years' resolution in like, a severely long time. For the most part, I believe that if you want to achieve something you shouldn't wait for the calendar to change over to a new year to start working towards that goal.

That being said, I'm making a serious resolution this year.

I'm going to start running again. Serious. Running. Ready for a 10K by summer running.

[Source]

Ever since my hip flexor injury in the summer of 2006, my exercise routine has gone through serious changes. I couldn't run anymore, so I did physical therapy for 3 months, worked with a personal trainer until summer 2007, got back into the swing of working out on my own for about 8 months and then just totally fell off the exercise wagon in February 2008 when I got a new job.
To throw more non-motivation into the mix, I'm now in a relationship. And anyone will tell you that a new relationship can and often does derail good habits.

That being said, I miss working out and I miss running. I miss that time to myself. No cell phone, no talking. Just me, the pavement and my iPod. It's a travesty that I got a new pair of running shoes 3 months ago and they're still brand new.

That will change. Tomorrow.

Happy New Year!

No comments: