Saturday, November 8, 2008

"...S'ppose I never, ever met you..."

I'm sitting here in my shop, listening to music, sipping coffee and watching shoppers walk down Walnut Street. And I find my mind wandering....

... to thinking about how happy I'll be to see Jason and squeeze him tightly after his long weekend away to go dirtbiking with his buddies...

... to the Amalfi Coast...

... to Milan...

... to family vacations in Hilton Head...

... to that seemingly far-off trip to Colorado that Jason and I are planning to take in February...

I've been given to such strong fits of wanderlust lately... even thinking about being in an airport, decked out in some dark glasses; travel tote in tow; scarf tied hastly around my throat to ward of the chill of the plane... getting off of the plane in a new place... just the thought makes my skin tingle. So many things to look forward to...

I'm thankful for being able to go to all of the places I've been to.

And I find myself counting my blessings that Jason is a part of my life. What if I'd never met him? Alot of things would be different... I'd never have a desire to go to Colorado that's for sure. But since he lived there and it was a place he loved, I want to see it. And walk down the streets bundled up in a puffy coat, coffee in my right hand and his in the other...

No comments: