Monday, August 25, 2008

"....One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you..."

So.... Joe Biden, huh? I guess he's as good a choice as any to be Obama's running mate. If it couldn't be Hillary, I'm glad it's someone I know and like.

What I like the most about Joe Biden, aside from his very liberal opinions about women's health and reproductive rights, is his wife.

Jill Biden is, by all accounts, a woman with a heart of gold. An educator with a PhD, she works at a community college right now and has worked in the past with students with disabilities. She also spearheaded the Biden Breast Health Initiative -- a program whose goal is to educate young women and girls about the importance of breast self-exams and early dectection for breast cancer. (Source)

As the daughter of a teacher, I have to tell you that teachers have a special place in my heart. They're the soul of our country. Where would we all be without our first grade teachers when we were learning how to read and write? Where would we all be without that English professor in undergrad who finally made us LOVE that one Shakespeare play we had always hated.

Well done, Senator Obama. You just made me like you a little bit more. Having Jill Biden around is going to be awesome.

And on a totally different note.... look at these BOOTS!

I Like:

L4935 by Justin at Zappos.comL4935
by JustinZappos.com - Powered by Service

No comments: