Monday, August 18, 2008

"...It's calm under the waves in the blue of my oblivion..."

Alot of things are swimming around in my head today.


At the forefront is the realization that I am not, in fact, done with grad school yet. I fucked up a class, thought I could get it straightened out and ultimately it turns out that I need to retake the class. More money, more juggling with a full-time job, more waiting for that diploma. Bloody hell. I'm so tempted to say "screw it" and just not finish. But I know I'd end up really regretting that in the long run.

Also on my mind is the Democratic National Convention. I'm still holding out hope that Obama is going to make Hillary his running mate. What can I say? A girl can dream. And stranger things have happened in politics! So you never know!

Fall, winter and the holidays are also on my mind. I can't wait for fall. All of the amazing clothing options... all of the fun things to do around the city when it gets cooler... watching the leaves change... drinking hot chocolate... and most of all... the bonfire my parents have each Halloween that is replete with pumpkin carving, hotdogs on sticks, hot chocolate and s'mores. This year, in particular should be fun... as it seems I'll have a significant other to bring to the festivities.

...and now that I've typed that, I do realized that I just jinxed everything...

::PeaceTurkey knocks on her wooden desk::




I'll conclude this daydreamy post with a picture of boots I'll be lusting for more and more each day...





This amazing boot is by Cole Haan. They can be found here.

No comments: